This is particularly prevalent during the holidays.
You may be:
- Frustrated that your partner isn’t jumping in to do all the extra holiday chores.
- Irritated or overwhelmed at having to do everything yourself because nobody else can wrap those packages like you.
- Feeling unappreciated because all the time and energy you have put into making the house festive has gone unnoticed.
What if those negative emotions you are feeling are impacting your wellness?
Negative emotions generate catabolic energy that over time weakens your immune system, exhausts your physical energy, and can make it easier to gain and harder to release weight.
What if letting go of the stress caused by negative emotions also means that you receive the benefits—body, mind, and spirit?
Is it worth your health to let go of anger, frustrations, and resentments that are not only hurting you, but are actually keeping you from the body—and life—you want?
Think about all the time out of your day that you feel frustrated, irritated, overwhelmed, exhausted, or powerless.
Now compare that with how much time you spend feeling appreciative, loving, joyful, content, and hopeful?
Where is your focus most of the time?
If you are loving more than you are criticizing, awesome! You are already creating a body—and life—that you want.
If you are spending more time grumbling or complaining, how is this reflected back to you in how your body looks and feels?
One simple but profound way to begin shifting your core energy is to spend as little as a minute every day feeling grateful.
This could be:
- Praising your partner for helping out, even when they do things differently than how you would have done them. Done equals beautiful!
- Asking for and appreciating the help that you do get to finish all the extra holiday chores, and letting go of what doesn’t get done.
- Focusing on the best qualities of everyone you love and forgiving them for not being perfect. And most importantly, forgiving yourself for not being perfect!
Believe it or not, focusing on what you do appreciate for just one minute a day can have a profound impact on your wellness.
No one else is in your mind. No one is forcing you to think or feel anything. If you are holding on to frustrations and irritations it is because you have your mental fist grasped tightly around thoughts that are not serving you.
The solution is to begin to allow those things that frustrate and irritate you to run through your mind like water running through your fingers.
Just let them go.
As soon as you do, you feel lighter emotionally.
You feel relief.
And that new lightness is directly impacting your wellness down to your cellular level.
As you let go of that stress and the negative emotions and focus more on gratitude, it is you that receives the benefit—body, mind, and spirit.
Isn’t your wellness worth it?
Together we can do it!