Wellness Tip of the Day: Expecting results is powerful. How much you hold back on willing to believe you can achieve your goal is how much you will fall short.
This is the simple but great challenge that all of our dreams face—expecting that you can do whatever it is that you want in the face of people pointing out the obstacles or inadequacies, previous personal experiences, and numerous examples of failure.
In your heart and gut, you have to know that you can do it no matter what. And when you do fall into fear and doubt, you have to get back up and move towards that inner belief anyway.
Doubt is the distance your mind must travel in order to be able to reach your goals. If it dictates your decisions, there will always be a part of you holding back, which means you will almost certainly fall short of the mark.
But how do you mentally move from doubt to expectation?
Slowly, gently, and one step at a time. Taking a flying leap of faith without the wings of inner knowing is often ill-advised, and can lead to false starts or worse, a crash landing.
Here are five tips for crossing from doubt to expectation.
- Practice how it will feel. Imagine how it will feel to achieve your goal. Pick one word to describe that feeling. What are some other things that give you that feeling? Spend 10 to 15 minutes a day thinking about those things and feeling that feeling. Allowing yourself to experience the feeling of success as much as possible will confirm for your mind that the end result is attainable.
- Act as if. How would someone who has already achieved your goal think, feel, and act? Begin to act as if it is already done. Again, this helps your mind move towards belief.
- Count the tiny steps of success. Break down your goal into tiny steps. Take at least one step each day that makes you feel like you’re making progress. Instead of focusing on how tiny the steps are, focus on the progress you are making. As the Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu once said, “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”
- Look for positive examples. Chances are that somewhere there is someone who is doing what you want to do. Look for the examples that inspire you and help convince you that your dream is possible. Ignore the other examples as irrelevant. They aren’t you and they don’t know what you know.
- Appreciate where you are. There is no better antidote to doubt than gratitude and appreciation. Stopping to appreciate where you are reminds you that life is lived in the journey, not in the few moments experienced when you reach your destination.
What can you do today to nurture your expectation of success? How does this impact your ability and desire to move towards your goals? What does your belief say about the distance your mind needs to travel to help you create the life of your dreams?
Together we can do it!
Wellness Tip of the Day: Do you expect to succeed? Are you certain in your heart? Doubt is the distance your mind must travel to be able to reach your goals.
Wellness Tip of the Day: Open yourself to the present! This moment is a gift full of opportunity. Open your eyes, mind, and heart and expect to see it.
Wellness Tip of the Weekend: Be open to, look for, and expect to experience more joy. You’ll find what you’re expecting—whether it’s a shortage or abundance of joy.
Whatever you’re thinking about is literally like planning a future event. When you’re worrying, you are planning. When you’re appreciating you are planning…What are you planning?
Abraham as interpreted by Esther Hicks
“Miracles are happening, seen and unseen.”
This is the mantra that has been going through my head all weekend. And I absolutely believe it to the tips of my toes.
Every time I was critical of my body or discouraged that my physical progress in my 18-week Transformation Challenge isn’t further along, I said it.
Every time I thought about the future and doubted, I said it.
Every time I caught myself concerned or worried, I said it.
Because this is my life I’m creating. If I want things to be different, then my thoughts, feelings, and beliefs have to be different first.
When you think about the Foundation Principle that “Like Energy Attracts Like Energy,” also known as the Law of Attraction, it makes sense that if you’re doubting, worrying, or being critical of yourself or others you’re attracting more of that same energy back to you. In other words, you’re creating more things about which to doubt, worry, or be critical.
A quick way to check what you’re thinking, and therefore creating, is to examine what you expect. Do you expect things to work out—or not? Do you expect life to go your way—or not? Do you expect things to be easy—or not? You’re getting more of what you expect.
All-That-Is (God, the Universe, Source Energy, Higher Coach—whatever works for you) absolutely wants you to have every good thing you desire, but you have to open the vibrational-door wide enough to receive it.
You’re opening that door when you’re experiencing positive anabolic emotions, such as hope, contentment, eagerness, excitement, joy, and love.
Even more powerful than shifting those negative catabolic thoughts and emotions is to build on the anabolic, because that’s what you truly want more of.
So every time this weekend that I caught myself feeling confident, I reminded myself that “Miracles are happening, seen and unseen.”
Every time I was appreciating something, I said it.
Every time I was laughing, I said it.
Every time I felt loved or loving, I said it.
Perhaps you don’t believe in miracles. Do you believe in answers and solutions? Then replace miracles with a word that does bring a feeling of relief, because that’s all that’s needed to shift to a more anabolic state. Every time you make even a tiny shift towards being more anabolic, you open the door a little wider for the Universe to give you the answers, solutions—and even miracles—that you’re asking for.
What can you do to remind yourself that answers, solutions, and miracles are coming? More importantly, what can you do to believe it?
Together we can do it!
Photos from http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/
Wellness Tip of the Day: Take time today to open your eyes and your heart and look for the gift in this moment. Expect to see it. Look for ways to fully receive it.
Wellness Tip of the Day: Open your present! This moment is a gift full of something to appreciate. Open your eyes and your heart and look for it. Expect to see it.