While I’m in Charleston, South Carolina, this week participating in and presenting a couple of workshops, I thought I would share a few of my favorite blogs.
This one is from the fabulous Kristin Barton Cuthriell.
- Smile at everyone you meet.
- Write down at least two things that you are grateful for today.
- Do something physical. (Get rid of the excuses. My friend who works out regularly will be running three miles, while my aunt who has had a stroke, will be sitting in a chair doing her foot exercises. One is not more difficult than the other. They both will be pushing themselves appropriately. What can you do?)
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do something nice for someone else. (This does not have to be time-consuming. Sometimes it does not take a whole lot of effort to improve someone else’s day.)
- Plan something that you will look forward to doing. (An evening walk, a dinner out, a vacation.)
- Set and accomplish a goal. (Yes, accomplishing this list definitely counts.)
- When you become upset or frustrated, remember that whatever it is that is bothering you may not matter next year, next month, or even tomorrow.
- Take at least fifteen minutes to do something that you find relaxing. (Observing nature, talking a walk, meditating, taking a warm bath, listening to music….)
Let go of bitterness today and let life in.
Kristin Barton Cuthriell, M.Ed, MSW, LCSW
Kristin is a licensed psychotherapist and educator currently working in private practice, counseling individuals, couples, and families. She utilizes a hope based cognitive behavior approach to therapy and other empirically validated treatments to help individuals suffering from depression, anxiety, relationship issues, and difficult life transitions. Prior to entering the mental health field, Kristin spent a decade teaching first, third, and sixth grades. She received a BA in Education from Virginia Tech and went on to earn her Master’s in Education and her Master’s in Social Work. Kristin also enjoys speaking and writing and is currently working on a book designed to help people live more fulfilling lives.
You can read her blog at http://letlifeinpractices.com/
Thank you, Hanna.
I appreciate your letting me share them! Thank you!
wow !! all ten ways are amazing and possible for everyone so its spreading worldwide..
Love the picture, Hanna. So refreshing!