In yesterday’s blog, I set out a plan for dealing with the mega-munchfest that I was facing last night that included being accountable to you Fabulous Readers.
- Eat healthy throughout the day.
- Get in a workout.
- Have a filling and nutritious meal before we go.
- Look over all the food and choose one thing that I will indulge in. (This will probably be the crust-less fudge pie that my husband is planning to make. It’s totally calorie-worthy!)
- Take a tray of vegetables and healthy hummus to give myself some nutritious nibbles throughout the evening.
- Take some sugar-free gum along to chew if I start fighting cravings.
- Go in determined to succeed and feel guilt-free.
- Hold myself accountable by reporting to you all how I did.
I ate clean all day, got in a 30 minute run/walk on the treadmill, and ate a filling soup for dinner before we left. I also included a serving of whole grain crackers and a low-fat cheese stick so that I would feel like I’d some “party” food.
Once there, I had a rye cracker out of one of the bowls of snack mix before I remembered my plan. After that I did great! I stuck to the carrot and celery sticks and home-made hummus, and avoided the cheesy, fatty dips that everyone else brought. (Mine was the only healthy dish there, so bringing something I knew I could eat was a life saver!) I was also pleasantly full, so I was definitely less tempted to stray.
I did promise myself a treat, and since David ran out of time to make the pie, I had three ginger-snap cookies that I spread out over the evening and 1 small chocolate covered strawberry. Another win was that I drank sparkling water with a squirt of lime-juice instead of wine or beer, and I did turn to the gum once when my stomach definitely wasn’t hungry, but my mouth still was.
So I did it! First time in months that I’ve left Bunco feeling good—and feeling good about myself.
Thanks for all your help! Knowing I would be reporting to you definitely helped me stay on track.