I had an amazing workout today. Why was it so good? Because I focused on all the reasons I wanted to be up at 5:30 a.m. lifting heavy things instead of all the reasons I didn’t. Not only was I able to push myself, I felt great and was having fun!
Here are some of the reasons I love moving my body and eating foods that feel healthy to me:
- I love moving myself towards optimal wellness.
- I love the energy I generate by working out and eating well that carries me throughout my day.
- I love the clarity of mind I have when I consistently eat well and move my body.
- I love that I am strong, fit, and lean, getting stronger, fitter, and leaner.
- I love being able to carry 40 pound bags of sand and gravel around the house for the path I am finishing in the back yard, and to be able to bring in 50 pound bags of dog food from the car. (I am strong, like bull!)
- I love that after a summer of wearing shorts and capris, my jeans still fit perfectly.
- I love the stamina I have as a result of moving my body.
- I love how good I feel about myself when I look in the mirror and like what I see.
- I love that I have learned enough that I am staying within two to three pounds of my optimal weight.
- I love feeling good about what I choose to eat and how much I eat.
- I love that all my body systems are functioning optimally and that my metabolism is revved up.
- I love that the food I eat benefits every cell in my body.
- I love drinking plenty of clean, good tasting water that hydrates my body.
- I love being conscious and appreciative of everything that I eat.
- I love how good fresh fruit and vegetables taste.
- I love feeling good!
Focusing on why we want to do things is powerful! It motivates us and inspires us to take the actions that will move us towards who we truly want to be. Focusing on why we don’t want to do things is equally powerful—and makes taking action that much harder.
I would love to hear all the reasons you want to move your body and pick healthy foods that feel good to you!
Together we can do it!